Sunday, February 10, 2008

Hillary's Campaign Chief Quits: Can't Handle it.

Now I know what I am about to type will be unpopular, but I will simply be writing what many are thinking.

It has been reported that Hillary Clinton's Campaign manager, Patti Solis Doyle has stepped down because, mainly, for her family.
From ABC.com
In an interview with ABC News' Kate Snow last Summer, Solis Doyle described the difficulty of balancing her family commitments -- she has a 6-year-old son and a 9-year-old daughter -- and her quite demanding job.

"I wake up my kids," she said. "I get them washed. I get them cleaned. I get them fed, you know? I get them ready for school. And then I begin my campaign day at 7:30 with conference call after conference call after conference call. And then, you know, by 9 o'clock, I'm in the office."

Solis Doyle said she would try to make it home for bath time, after which she would return to work online until 2 a.m. She would get up the next morning at 6 a.m.

Now, I do not want to be too harsh here, but what does it say about a campaign that prides itself on being about a strong woman, feminism, and being as strong as a man? What message is sent when the campaign manager quits because she is homesick and it is too hard for her to keep going?

I am not saying this is a bad thing to want to be home, but come on, let's be honest with ourselves, shall we? It is not like she did this at the end of the race. It became too much for her even before the convention. If she thinks this was hard, try being a deployed Soldier, Sailor, Airman, Marine or Coast Gaurdsman... There are no bath times at night for them when they are gone. It is called sacrifice and it is what you do when you believe in something... Hmmmm. Never mind, I see now why she quit.

No comments: