Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Al Gore Busted with Drugs

No, not that one... his son.

From Reuters
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The 24-year-old son of former Vice President Al Gore was arrested for drug possession on Wednesday after he was stopped for allegedly speeding in his hybrid Toyota Prius, a sheriff's official said.
Al Gore III -- whose father is a leading advocate of policies to fight global warming -- was driving his environmentally friendly car at about 100 miles per hour on a freeway south of Los Angeles when he was pulled over by an Orange County sheriff's deputy at about 2:15 a.m..



I’ll be damned: I never knew a Prius could do 100 mph. I am impressed, Toyota. I did, however laugh out loud upon reading this. What an ass. I wonder who Tipper will blame for this. Maybe Twisted Sister or Sheena Easton or Prince... again. What losers.

Side thought: How much damage to the environment is caused by burning marijuana? Can’t be any more than flying around on a private jet like dear old Dad, right?

The Inconvenient Truth about Jr.

-In 1996, he was suspended from his high school for smoking marijuana.

- In August 2000, he was ticketed for reckless driving by North Carolina police for driving 94 mph.

- In September 2002, military police arrested him on suspicion of drunk driving near a military base in Virginia.

- In 2003, he was charged with marijuana possession in Maryland after police stopped the car he was driving for not having its headlights on.

- In February 2004, he entered a substance abuse program as part of a plea agreement.

2 comments:

Charles said...

Hey, here you are. Nice web site.

Yes, a Prius can go 100 MPH. And that's as fast as it WILL go, it's hard-wired to not go any faster.

That's about how fast they can spin the electric motor without worrying about it flying apart -- not the big motor that runs the car, but the little generator motor that lets the engine (the gas part) work with the electric part.

It is a very clever car, and as I own two of them, I hope I never get into a situation where i need to go faster than 100 mph. My old Vista Cruiser had no problem going faster, and while I never had my Plymouth Voyager over 100mph, I'm pretty sure it could have done so if I had the guts and the stupidity to do so.

The Squeaky Wheel said...

I like the idea behind the Prius, I guess, but it is not a good looking car in my opinion. Now the new Toyota Camry Hybrid... that is a good looking car!